Slides in this set
The Bauhaus Era:
· In 1919, German architect Walter Gropius Founded a
school for art, design and architecture, called Bauhaus.
· It aimed to `reimagine the material world to reflect the
unity of all the arts.'
· It also wanted to allow the design of esthetical products
that could still be mass produced.
· Walter attempted to unite workmen from different fields
to combine their skills and make them able to design
luxury, but everyday furniture.…read more
The Memphis Era:
· Etore Stotass held a meeting for designers to create a new
· The Era is named after Bob Dylan's song, Stuck Inside of
Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, which played
repeatedly during their meeting.
· It was a combination between pop art, kitsch, and art deco
· At first, their design was seen as bissare and odd, until