I created my own revision notes for all units of the Higher Physics course.
These are revision notes for part of the 3rd unit (Radiation and Matter), section 3 (Optoelectronics and Semi-conductors). I've uploaded all the subsections of this section in different files as they are otherwise too large.
Photodiodes and LEDs covers:
• What a photodiode is
• Photodiode symbol
• Photodiode in photovoltaic mode
• Photodiode in photovoltaic mode in a circuit
• Photodiode in photoconductive mode
• Photodiode in photoconductive mode in a circuit
• Other photodiode properties
• LED circuit symbol/in a circuit
• How to recognise an LED
• How an LED works
• Related equations