Slides in this set
Multi Store Model Memory
· Atkinson and Shiffrin came up with the msm.
· They believed it contained three stores:
· Sensory memory (SM)
· Short term memory (STM)
· Long term memory (LTM)
· These stores are what make up the model.…read more
How does it work?
· Information is detected by the sense organs and enters
the sensory memory.
· If attended to this information enters the short term
· Information from the STM is transferred to the long-
term memory only if that information is rehearsed.
· If rehearsal does not occur, then information is
forgotten, lost from short term memory through the
processes of displacement or decay
· Information in the long-term memory can stay there
for a matter of seconds till forever.…read more