Slides in this set
To connect to the Internet or share
information with other phones, mobile phones
need to be able to send and receive signals. As
the phone is a `mobile' device, it needs to be
able to connect wirelessly. The most common
ways of connecting devices (e.g. phones,
routers, computers) to each other are If you want to access your online email
Bluetooth and WiFi. accounts, your phone needs to
support POP3 or IMAP4. POP3 allows you to
download your inbox and IMAP4
Mobile phones operate on different allows you to view your entire inbox and
frequencies in different countries. To be able subfolders. In order to communicate
to connect with a phone on a different effectively, the devices need to be compatible.
frequency, the phone needs to be able to
receive one or more frequencies. A phone can
· dual band picking up 2 frequencies
· tri band picking up 3 frequencies
· quad band picking up 4 frequencies.
Having a quad-band phone allows you to use it
in five different continents.…read more
Wi-Fi Touch screen
What can a smart
Video calling radio alarm
usb email…read more
These can be different shapes and have the ability to
be customised, e.g.
· change the fascia's.
· They can be bright colours and highly designed,
appealing to the fashion-conscious person.
· high-spec cameras
· the ability to store large amounts of data
· speakers that allow music to be played out loud.
· batteries are designed to last longer but can be
MULTIFUNCTIONAL COMBINE BOTH
· slim, sleek design
· large screens
· full qwerty keyboard.
· speaker phone, voice-activated dialling
· the ability to synchronise it with other devices
like netbooks and laptops,
· GPS p
· personal digital assistant (PDA)
· 3G compatibility for Internet access allowing
users to carry one device rather than many.…read more
PROS MESSAGING CONS
· quick and easy communication in · You need Internet access to use
real time IM.
· people to work collaboratively and · If the connection is slow, this
discuss their views could impact on the real-time
· the user to see who is online and feature.
decide if they want to engage in a · Overuse of IM could result in less
conversation face-to-face contact with people.
· use through certain mobile · People may misunderstand
phones, PDAs and other portable information as it lacks emotion
devices. to combat this, emoticons have
· You may prefer to chat rather
than type a message.…read more