First 203 words of the document:
Psychology unit 4 research methods revision
These describe your results such as using graphs or summary tables. These give an
overview of your results.
These are used for correlational analysis. Include a graph title and labels on both
axes for full marks.
Used for data with an IV and a DV. The IV goes along the x axis and the DV along
the Y axis. Include graph titles and labels for both axes and a suitable scale. Used
for nominal data (data with named categories).
Data that is concerned with words and feelings and whilst a subjective summary
can be made from that data it is hard to be precise. Often people use a content
analysis to covert qualitative to Quantitative data.
1. Identify themes to quantify data
2. Make sure themes are mutually exclusive and clearly defined
3. Read the content and tally the amount of times each thing appears.
4. Check the raters reliability by using a correlation between 2 sets of data
5. Draw a bar graph. This type of graph is used for nominal data.