First 197 words of the document:
Research methods revision
Describe you results such as in graphs or summary tables. They give an overview
of your results.
Used for correlational data. Include graph table and labels on axis'.
Used for data with a IV and DV. The IV goes on the x axis and the DV on the Y
axis. Include graph title and labels on both axis along with a suitable scale. Used
for nominal data (data that includes categories).
Data that is concerned with words and feelings and whilst you can make subjective
summaries it is hard to be precise. Often people use content analysis to convert
qualitative data into quantitative data.
1. Identify themes to quantify data
2. Make sure themes are mutually exclusive and clearly defined
3. Read the content and tally the number of times each one appears
4. Check the raters are reliable by using a correlation between the 2 sets of
5. Draw a bar chart. This type of chart is used as the data is nominal.