First 160 words of the document:
How to spot a ND question:
It contains the word `normal' or `normally'
It contains the word `distribution' or `distributed'
How to go about a ND question:
1. Form the question in terms of X
2. Form a short notation in P
3. Standardise the equation so that it is in terms of Z including the
information you have been given
4. Draw a normal distribution curve
5. Rearrange the graph if reading is problematic
6. Read from the table
7. Underline final answer
Example ND Question:
The heights of a group of athletes are modelled by a normal distribution with mean 180cm and a standard
deviation 5.2cm. The weights of this group of athletes are modelled by a normal distribution with mean
85kg and standard deviation 7.1kg.
Find the probability that a randomly chosen athlete
(a) is taller than 188cm