Slides in this set
Speed and Velocity
Speed is just how fast you are travelling BUT velocity
is how fast you are travelling in a certain
Speed= Distance / Time d
Distance=Speed x Time
Time= Distance / Speed
s X t…read more
· Gradient= speed
· Flat sections means that the objects are stationary.
· The steeper the graph the faster it it going
· Downhill sections means its going back towards its
· Curves represent acceleration or deceleration.
· A steepening curve means its speeding up.
· A levelling off curve means its slowing down.…read more
· Gradient= acceleration
· Flat sections represent steady speed.
· The steeper the graph, the greater the acceleration
· Uphill- are acceleration
· Down- hills are deceleration
· The area under any section of the graph is equal to
the distance travelled in that time interval.
· A curve means changing acceleration.…read more
· Gravity is the force of
attraction between all
· On the surface of a planet,
it makes all things
accelerate towards the
· It gives everything a weight.
· It keeps planets, moons and
satellites in their orbits.…read more