Slides in this set
Speed and Velocity
0 Speed is just how fast you are travelling BUT velocity
is how fast you are travelling in a certain DIRECTION.
0 Speed= Distance / Time
0 Distance=Speed x Time d
0 Time= Distance / Speed
s t…read more
· Gradient= speed
· Flat sections means that the objects are stationary.
· The steeper the graph the faster it it going
· Downhill sections means its going back towards its
· Curves represent acceleration or deceleration.
· A steepening curve means its speeding up.
· A levelling off curve means its slowing down.…read more
· Flat sections represent steady speed.
· The steeper the graph, the greater the acceleration or
· Uphill- are acceleration
· Down- hills are deceleration
· The area under any section of the graph is equal to the
distance travelled in that time interval.
· A curve means changing acceleration.…read more
· Gravity is the force of attraction between all masses
· On the surface of a planet, it makes all things
accelerate towards the ground.
· It gives everything a weight
· It keeps planets, moons and satellites in their orbits.…read more