- Why individuals have different energy requirements
- young children require energy for growth.
- Difference in GENDER
- Men have larger overall body size therefor they use more energy.
- For instance physical work requires more energy than sedentary work
- BODY SIZE
- The more surface area, the more energy is required in order to maintain body temperature
- In a cold weather energy is required to maintain body temperature.
- More energy is required to repair damaged cells.
Similar Biology resources: