- Created by: Honor Anne
- Created on: 27-09-13 12:22
- The Multidisciplinary Nature of Organizational Behaviour
- The Systematic study of human behaviours and mental processes
- Psychology is mostly based on the question 'why did this individual behave this way?'
- Organizational Psychology studies behaviour in a work situation, with emphasis on social interaction
- study of the pattern of social relationships between human beings, with a particular focus on industrial societies
- They have studied the relationship between organizational structures and cultures, as well as the impacts of global structures in organizational structures and processes
- Scientic study of humanity. Cultural Anthropology studies contemporary and historically recent human societies and cultures
- Ethnocentrism is when individuals value their culture as superior over all other groups
- Cultural Relativism refers to cultures being seen as the same worth, and should not be judged. Practises in these cultures can be understood in their own terms
- When workers migrate to a job, they might get CULTURE SHOCK and feel lonely, disorientated.
- Political Science
- Study of Individual and group behaviour within a political system
- Politics is not just linked to decision making, it is also to do with competing demands and social conflict
- Politics is partly a struggle between power and conflict management.
- Politics is about the division of power and how they manipulate it for self interest
Similar Business Management resources: