- Created by: Crmorgan2003
- Created on: 02-06-19 17:04
- The Economic Position of Britain in 1945.
- Britain s national debt was £3,500 million.
- Britain had lost 30% of its total wealth.
- The USA ended the Lend-Lease agreement.
- A third of Britain's housing stock had been destroyed.
- Half of Britain's factories and shops had been destroyed.
- Two thirds of Britain's merchant fleet had been sunk.
- Military deaths = 264,433
- Civilian deaths = 60,595
- Rationing remained in place
- Britain could not afford to buy food from abroad.
- Income tax was raised to 50%
Similar History resources: