- Quartet Op. 22: movement I - Webern
- Mainly monophonic with occasional two parts playing together in opening five bars
- Based on 12 notes - C#, E, F, D, Eb, B, Bb, A, G#, F#, C natural, G natural.
- No harmony
- When two or more notes sound together, they often cause a clash.
- 5 semitones
- melody lines fragmented
- Klangfaben melodi- divided tune
- Rhythm and Metre
- Mainly in triple time
- Time signature is constantly changing e.g. starts in 3/8 then changes to 5/8 in bar 3 then 4/8 in bar 4
- Frequent rests make the music sound very fragmentary
Similar Music resources: