- All substances are made from atoms. Each atom is made of a nucleus - containing protons and neutrons - surrounded by electrons.
- The atomic number is the number of protons in an atom. The elements are arranged in the periodic table in ascending order of atomic number.
- 1 x 10-10m = 0.0000000001m
- density (kg/m3) = mass (kg)/ volume(m3)
- Not all objects have regular volumes that are easy to measure. A ‘eureka can’ can be used in these cases.
- Change of state
- The temperature of the substance does not change during melting, boiling or freezing, even though energy is still being transferred.
Similar Physics resources: