- Milgram's Research
- 40 male participants
- advertised by newspapaer adverts and flyers
- aged between 20 and 50
- offered $4.50 to take part
- confederate Mr Wallace was always learner and true participant was teacher.there was also a experimenter dressed in a lab coat.
- participants told they can leave at any time
- learner strapped to chair. teacher was told to give learner shock each time learner made mistake on task
- shock level: 15-450 volts. If the teacher didn't want to cary on there were 4 prods to carry on
- No p's stopped below 300V. 12% stopped at 300V. 65% continued to 450V- highest
- observations that p's showed signs of tension, sweat, stutter, bite their lips, 3 had seizures.
- Low internal validity
- Good external validity
- Supporting replication: Le Jeu de la Mort
Similar Psychology resources: