- Created by: Rosiem2102
- Created on: 07-06-18 16:19
- Obedience decreased to 40% when teacher could hear learner, and to 30% in touch proximity condition.
- Obedience decreased to 47.5% when study moved to run-down office block.
- Obedience decreased to 20% when 'member of the public' was the experimenter.
1 of 2
- Bickman showed power of uniform in field experiment.
Lack of internal validity
- Some of Milgram's procedures contrived, so not genuine obedience (Orne and Holland).
- Cross-cultural findings support Milgram.
- But almost all studies in similar cultures to USA so not very generalisable.
- Control of variables in Milgram's variations
- The 'obedience alibi'
2 of 2