- INFORMATIVE SOCIAL INFLUENCE (ISI)
- About who has better information - you or the group.
- Occurs because we are uncertain about what behaviours and beliefs are wrong.
- Individuals follow the behaviour of the group or the majority because they want to be right
- Likely to happen in situations that are new to someone or ambiguous - unsure of what is right.
- Occurs in situations where decisions have to made quickly.
- COGNITIVE process
- Individuals feel that if the majority are doing a certain thing then they are more likely to be right.