- Almost all physical and behavioural aspects of humanity are determined by genetics.
- Although some Biologists argue that environment also plays a part, it is difficult to escape the fact that genes control so much of what we are/do.
- Evolutionary ideas in psychology suggest that we have evolved in certain ways to survive and part of this procedure is being partially determined or controlled by our genes.
- Moral reasoning is a result of natural selection and has a basis of human, biological revolution.
- Humans have moral responsibility, as we all have an evolved, yet innate, sense of morality.
- This is based upon studies into the "environment of evolutionary adaptation," where humans first developed the first moral sense.
Similar Religious Studies resources: