- First Movement from "Symphony No.40 in G minor"
- Time Signature: 4/4
- Tonality: G minor- associated with sadness
- Tempo: Molto Allegro
- Dynamics: starts off P but lots of dynamic contrast including use of SFZ and accents
- Rhythm: scale passages and rising sequences. 1st subject- crotchet and quaver rhythms. 2nd subject- slower, legato rhythm
- Harmony: 1st subject- G minor. 2nd subject: B flat major (relative major)
- Texture: mainly "melody and accompaniment" texture- HOMOPHONIC.
- PEDAL NOTES USED IN DEVELOPMENT
- Melody and Form&Structure
- Development: based on the opening 1st subject, texture becomes more polyphonic
- Recapitulation: not a direct repeat, starts off in G minor and ends with a CODETTA
- Instrumentation: 1st and 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos, Double Basses, 2 Flutes, 2 Oboes, 2 Clarinets, 2 Bassoons and 2 Horns.
Similar Music resources: