- Emphasise the impact of patriarchy, as is *********** and sex-trafficing. advocate 'lesbian seperatism'
- Gender inequalities arise within capitalism. Role of ideology in capitalism. Focus on dual labour theory
- Concerned with gender inequalities within education, the family and the work sphere. Equal opportunities and legislation for change.
- Concentrate specifically on the oppression of black women. Other feminists fail to look at gender and race.
- Challenge earlier assumptions around gender identity, as individuals benefit from a range of female and male identities. Sexuality are seen as fluid.
- Sociology was 'malestream' and ignored the social position of women in its theories
Similar Sociology resources: