- Created by: sky1234
- Created on: 11-11-18 17:47
- Extract from, The Prelude - Context
- Lived from 1770-1850.
- He spent most of his life composing poetry as he walked around the lake district.
- His poems are all about trying to restore the relationship between man and nature
- Wordsworth was the stereotypical romantic poet.
- He was also very close friends with Samuel Taylor Coleridge to whom the Prelude was dedicated.
- He was made poet laureate in 1843 (official poet of the country- had to write poems about national events)