- Consider and evaluate the different ways in
which the writers of your chosen texts present family values that are in
conflict with society’s expectations.
- Nora wants to be her own person whilst continuing to be a 'good' wife for Torvald
- Chris wants to be a moral person, and is concerned with morals in everyday life, but he is expected to build a family and business
- Krogstad has chosen to build his reputation, and look after his children simultaneously
- Kate keeps Joe's secret, despite it being a felony, because she is expected to care for her husband
- Ann and Chris's relationship is one that some in society may frown upon, but he loves her.
- George and Steve should not be acquainted according to society since he was imprisoned for many men's deaths, but George feels that he has an obligation as his son to believe him