- Advantages & Disadvantages
- We don't need to use formulas to decide what is right or wrong. You just focus on what makes a virtuous person
- Virtue ethics understands that just because you follow the law this does not make you a virtuous person
- Doesn't tell us EXACTLY what to do in order to be a virtuous person but instead encourages us to follow the actions of those who were.
- Robert Louden, illustrates how hard it is to apply virtue ethics to a moral dillema as it is not very clear cut. Louden also suggests that people could perhaps have different ideas of who a virtuous person is. E.g. Sudam Hussains followers obviously looked up to him as they thought he was virtuous.