1. WalMart donate millions to charity. What local project did they support in Argentina?
- They support urban charities to help homelessness in 2012.
- In 2009 it supported 29 soup kitchens and helped 12,000 people across the country.
- They donated $77,000 to the Red Cross and WaterAid who supported well building in rural districts.
- It helped 32,000 people across the country with education schemes.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much is WalMart investing in higher wages, education and training over the next 2 years.
- $2.7 million
- $2.7 billion
- $1.7 billion
- $2 billion
3. When people work in the factories what are they aiming to do in LEDCs/NICs?
- All of the above
- To create a better lifestyle.
- Escape a subsistence farming lifestyle
- To support family back in rural villages
4. How many people does WalMart employ in Mexico?
5. What happened at Beximco in Bangladesh? One of the clothing suppliers.
- The factory collapsed.
- The maximum legal working week is 60 hours a week. People were regularly working 80+ hours a week.
- People complained of awful working conditions with no meal breaks.
- There were hazardous working conditions which caused 3 fatalities in 6 months.