1. What is tension?
- Suction that causes molecules to be pulled.
- The sticking together (attraction) between molecules of the same type.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the mass flow hypothesis?
- The theory that plants transport all substances in one tube and not xylem and phloem.
- The best supported theory for how solutes are transported from the source to the sink by translocation.
- The theory that all substances move in coordination with gravity.
3. What is the vacuolar pathway?
- Movement of water through the vacuole.
- Movement of water through cell walls, allowing mineral ions and salts to be carried with the water.
- Movement of water through the cytoplasm through the plasma membrane. The cytoplasm of cells is connected through plasmodesmata.
4. What transports organic substances up and down the plant/
- Phloem Tissue
- Xylem Tissue
- Symplastic Pathway
5. What is the SINK in transportation of solutes?
- The removal of ions from a plant.
- The site where assimilates (solutes) are used up. e.g. roots
- The uptake of ions in the roots.
- The site of production of assimilates (solutes). e.g. leaves