1. What apparatus can be used for estimating transpiration rate?
- Oxygen Meter
- Water Potential Reader
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the symplast pathway?
- Movement of water through the vacuole.
- Movement of water through the cytoplasm through the plasma membrane. The cytoplasm of cells is connected through plasmodesmata.
- Movement of water through cell walls, allowing mineral ions and salts to be carried with the water.
3. What is the cohesion-tension theory?
- The combined action of cohesion and tension to move water up a plant.
- The action of cohesion in a plant causing tension in the leaves.
- The action of tension to stick molecules together.
4. What is the casparian strip.
- A waxy strip in cell walls that blocks the apoplast pathway in the endodermis cells in the root. Now water has to take the symplast route.
- A waxy strip in cell membranes that blocks the symplast pathway in the endodermis cells of the root, forcing water through apoplast pathway.
- A waxy strip in the vacuole of endodermis cells in the roots that blocks the pathway of water, forcing it to take the symplast route.
5. What transports water, minerals and ions up from the roots to the leaves?
- Apoplastic Pathway
- Phloem Tissue
- Xylem Tissue