1. Who tells Hector to visit his mother and request she pray to Athene?
- A soothsayer.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do Helen and Hector persuade Paris to return to battle?
- They encourage him to follow Athene's orders.
- They scold him for being a coward.
- They tell him that the Greeks are about to seize Ilium.
- They convince him that the Trojans will win with his help.
3. What does Hector tell his wife when she begs him not to return to battle?
- That he can not escape his fate, whatever it is.
- That he needs to avenge Achilles to save his son's life.
- That he needs to ensure the safe keeping of Helen in Ilium.
- That he needs to ensure the Greeks don't kill Paris.
4. Who does Hector ask to pray in the temple of Athene?
- Hecabe and the noblewomen
- Priam and the noblemen
- Helen and the noblewomen
- Priam and the elders.
5. Why are the Greeks able to advance on Ilium in this book?
- The gods are absent.
- Hector is absent.
- Nestor has organised troops well.
- Zeus is helping them.