1. When was war declared?
- June 1789
- April 1791
- April 1792
- July 1790
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
3. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
4. What did Marie Antoinette and Louis believe about a possible war?
- It would result in their execution
- It would be the only way to restore the Ancien Regime
- It would result in a complete break down in the law and order in France
- It would lead to total overthrow of European Monarchs
5. Which rumour was widespread amongst French civilians at the time?
- That the Feuillants and Girondin had unionised and planned to form a counter-revolution
- That the Foreign Policies were being run by people plotting counter-revolution
- That the Jacobins were planning a coup d'etat in Paris
- That Louis and Marie Antoinette were going to attempt a second flee to Austria
Similar History resources: