1. When was war declared?
- July 1790
- April 1792
- April 1791
- June 1789
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Legislative Assembly tell Louis to do?
- Demand that his brother in law renounce all Austrian treaties that were hostile to France
- Demand that his brother in law replace him as absolute monarch of France and Austria
- Demand that the National Guard to storm the frontiers at Prussia, Austria and Germany
- Demand that all emigres return to France for their immediate arrest and triple taxation
3. What did Louis and Marie Antoinette predict would be the outcome of war?
- France would defeat Austria but not Prussia
- France would be victorious
- France would be defeated
- All sides would form a truce
4. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
5. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
Similar History resources: