1. What did Louis and Marie Antoinette predict would be the outcome of war?
- France would defeat Austria but not Prussia
- France would be victorious
- France would be defeated
- All sides would form a truce
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
3. What was forming in Austria before France demanded it be disbanded?
- An Emigres Army
- An Army of European Nobles
- An Austrian/Prussian Army
- An Austrian Naval Force
4. Which rumour was widespread amongst French civilians at the time?
- That the Feuillants and Girondin had unionised and planned to form a counter-revolution
- That Louis and Marie Antoinette were going to attempt a second flee to Austria
- That the Foreign Policies were being run by people plotting counter-revolution
- That the Jacobins were planning a coup d'etat in Paris
5. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
Similar History resources: