1. Which rumour was widespread amongst French civilians at the time?
- That the Feuillants and Girondin had unionised and planned to form a counter-revolution
- That the Foreign Policies were being run by people plotting counter-revolution
- That the Jacobins were planning a coup d'etat in Paris
- That Louis and Marie Antoinette were going to attempt a second flee to Austria
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Louis and Marie Antoinette predict would be the outcome of war?
- All sides would form a truce
- France would defeat Austria but not Prussia
- France would be defeated
- France would be victorious
3. Why did Louis dismiss the Legislative Assembly in 1792?
- He was able to introduce an anti-war government
- He was able to replace them with men committed war
- He was able to bring back Necker and Calonne
- He was able to replace them with committed royalists
4. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
5. When was war declared?
- June 1789
- April 1792
- July 1790
- April 1791
Similar History resources: