1. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
3. Who did France declare war against?
- Germany and Britain
- Austria and Prussia
- Prussia and Germany
- Germany and Austria
4. What did the Legislative Assembly tell Louis to do?
- Demand that the National Guard to storm the frontiers at Prussia, Austria and Germany
- Demand that all emigres return to France for their immediate arrest and triple taxation
- Demand that his brother in law renounce all Austrian treaties that were hostile to France
- Demand that his brother in law replace him as absolute monarch of France and Austria
5. What was forming in Austria before France demanded it be disbanded?
- An Emigres Army
- An Army of European Nobles
- An Austrian/Prussian Army
- An Austrian Naval Force
Similar History resources: