1. What did Marie Antoinette and Louis believe about a possible war?
- It would be the only way to restore the Ancien Regime
- It would result in their execution
- It would lead to total overthrow of European Monarchs
- It would result in a complete break down in the law and order in France
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Louis dismiss the Legislative Assembly in 1792?
- He was able to replace them with men committed war
- He was able to introduce an anti-war government
- He was able to replace them with committed royalists
- He was able to bring back Necker and Calonne
3. When was war declared?
- April 1792
- April 1791
- July 1790
- June 1789
4. Which rumour was widespread amongst French civilians at the time?
- That the Foreign Policies were being run by people plotting counter-revolution
- That the Feuillants and Girondin had unionised and planned to form a counter-revolution
- That Louis and Marie Antoinette were going to attempt a second flee to Austria
- That the Jacobins were planning a coup d'etat in Paris
5. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
Similar History resources: