1. What did the Legislative Assembly tell Louis to do?
- Demand that his brother in law renounce all Austrian treaties that were hostile to France
- Demand that his brother in law replace him as absolute monarch of France and Austria
- Demand that the National Guard to storm the frontiers at Prussia, Austria and Germany
- Demand that all emigres return to France for their immediate arrest and triple taxation
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was war declared?
- April 1792
- April 1791
- July 1790
- June 1789
3. What was forming in Austria before France demanded it be disbanded?
- An Army of European Nobles
- An Austrian/Prussian Army
- An Emigres Army
- An Austrian Naval Force
4. Why did Louis dismiss the Legislative Assembly in 1792?
- He was able to bring back Necker and Calonne
- He was able to introduce an anti-war government
- He was able to replace them with men committed war
- He was able to replace them with committed royalists
5. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
Similar History resources: