1. What did the Legislative Assembly tell Louis to do?
- Demand that all emigres return to France for their immediate arrest and triple taxation
- Demand that his brother in law replace him as absolute monarch of France and Austria
- Demand that his brother in law renounce all Austrian treaties that were hostile to France
- Demand that the National Guard to storm the frontiers at Prussia, Austria and Germany
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Louis dismiss the Legislative Assembly in 1792?
- He was able to bring back Necker and Calonne
- He was able to replace them with men committed war
- He was able to replace them with committed royalists
- He was able to introduce an anti-war government
3. What did Marie Antoinette and Louis believe about a possible war?
- It would be the only way to restore the Ancien Regime
- It would lead to total overthrow of European Monarchs
- It would result in a complete break down in the law and order in France
- It would result in their execution
4. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
5. What did Robespierre and the Jacobins believe about war?
- It would lead to a Republic of Europe
- It would lead to Popular Sovereignty across Europe
- It could result in a military dictatorship
- It could result in Louis returning to his position as absolute monarch
Similar History resources: