1. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Louis dismiss the Legislative Assembly in 1792?
- He was able to bring back Necker and Calonne
- He was able to introduce an anti-war government
- He was able to replace them with men committed war
- He was able to replace them with committed royalists
3. What did the Legislative Assembly tell Louis to do?
- Demand that his brother in law renounce all Austrian treaties that were hostile to France
- Demand that his brother in law replace him as absolute monarch of France and Austria
- Demand that the National Guard to storm the frontiers at Prussia, Austria and Germany
- Demand that all emigres return to France for their immediate arrest and triple taxation
4. When was war declared?
- April 1792
- April 1791
- July 1790
- June 1789
5. What was forming in Austria before France demanded it be disbanded?
- An Army of European Nobles
- An Emigres Army
- An Austrian Naval Force
- An Austrian/Prussian Army
Similar History resources: