1. Why did France think that the original reason for going to war had been removed?
- The Emigres Army in Austria had been disbanded
- Most emigres had returned to France having been threatened with arrest
- The Emigres Army in France was becoming powerful
- The National Guard had defeated the Austrian Army
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which rumour was widespread amongst French civilians at the time?
- That the Foreign Policies were being run by people plotting counter-revolution
- That the Feuillants and Girondin had unionised and planned to form a counter-revolution
- That Louis and Marie Antoinette were going to attempt a second flee to Austria
- That the Jacobins were planning a coup d'etat in Paris
3. Who did France declare war against?
- Germany and Britain
- Germany and Austria
- Austria and Prussia
- Prussia and Germany
4. What was forming in Austria before France demanded it be disbanded?
- An Emigres Army
- An Austrian/Prussian Army
- An Austrian Naval Force
- An Army of European Nobles
5. When was war declared?
- June 1789
- April 1791
- April 1792
- July 1790
Similar History resources: