1. Many black people saw the Black Panthers as more effective than the police at...
- looking professional.
- protecting them.
- preventing riots.
- preventing fights.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. They gradually lost influence and were disbanded in which year?
3. When was the Black Panther Party set up?
- November 1968
- June 1946
- October 1966
- September 1963
4. In what way could the Black Panthers be described as charitable?
- They worked in hospitals throughout America for no charge.
- They set up community projects providing free breakfasts and healthcare in poor black areas.
- They gave money to the police them to help them with the protection of black Americans.
5. In 1969, ... Panthers were killed and ... were injured in clashes with the police.
- In 1969, 30 Panthers were killed and 230 were injured in clashes with the police
- In 1969, 18 Panthers were killed and 281 were injured in clashes with the police
- In 1969, 27 Panthers were killed and 700 were injured in clashes with the police
- In 1969, 16 Panthers were killed and 600 were injured in clashes with the police