1. Many black people saw the Black Panthers as more effective than the police at...
- looking professional.
- preventing fights.
- protecting them.
- preventing riots.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. They gradually lost influence and were disbanded in which year?
3. What was the most radical point that the media paid the most attention to of their 10-point plan?
- The fact that they wanted full employment for black people.
- Their monitoring of police brutality and carrying guns for self defence (they operated as a vigilante type group).
- The fact that they wanted all black men to be exempt from military service.
- The fact that they wanted decent housing for black people.
4. The Black Panthers were easily recognisable as they wore...
- white suits and a beret.
- blue suits, white shirts and a beret.
- black jackets and trousers, blue shirts and a beret.
- black suits, blue shirts and a top hat
5. In what way could the Black Panthers be described as charitable?
- They set up community projects providing free breakfasts and healthcare in poor black areas.
- They gave money to the police them to help them with the protection of black Americans.
- They worked in hospitals throughout America for no charge.