1. Irritants such as cigarette smoke can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system. Which of the following are muscarinic antagonists that block this action and relax the airway?
- Flexatropium & Cholatropium
- Monotropium & Ditropium
- Oxitropium & Ipratropium
- Opiate & Deoxyopiate
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The action of adrenalin on which receptor causes relaxation of bronchial smooth muscle?
- Alpha I
- Beta I
- Beta II
- Alpha II
3. Which of the following are recognised symptoms of salbutamol overuse?
- Skeletal muscle tremor, acute cardiac arrhythmias & hypokalaemia
- Smooth muscle twitching, acute cardiac arrhythmias & hyperkalaemia
- Smooth muscle twitching, acute cardiac arrhythmias & hypokalaemia
- Smooth muscle twitching, mild cardiac arrhythmias & hyperkalaemia
4. Which type of drug mimics the effects of adrenaline on bronchial smooth muscle, hence causing relaxation?
- Alpha Agonists
- Beta Agonists
- Beta Antagonists
- Alpha Antagonists
5. Which of the following innervations does the heart have?
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic