1. Other than bronchodilation, what other effect do muscarinic antagonists have?
- Decreased adrenaline secretion
- Reduce secretions (e.g. mucus)
- Increase adrenaline secretion
- Increase secretions (e.g. mucus)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following conditions should you take special measures to accommodate when prescribing muscarinic antagonists for asthma/COPD?
- Glaucoma & bladder conditions
- Heart disease
- Broken bone
3. Contraction of what type of muscle leads to narrowing of the airway lumen & bronchoconstriction?
- Skeletal muscle
- Smooth muscle
- Cardiac muscle
4. What are the expected side effects of muscarinic antagonists?
- Constipation (+ tachycardia & AF)
- Nausea (+ tachycardia & VF)
- Vomiting (+ bradycardia & PEA)
- Diarrhoea (+ bradycardia & VT)
5. The action of adrenalin on which receptor causes dilation of blood vessels in skeletal muscle?
- Beta II
- Alpha II
- Beta I
- Alpha I