1. Irritants such as cigarette smoke can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system. Which of the following are muscarinic antagonists that block this action and relax the airway?
- Opiate & Deoxyopiate
- Oxitropium & Ipratropium
- Monotropium & Ditropium
- Flexatropium & Cholatropium
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is status asthmaticus?
- The ID card that all ashmatics should carry
- An acute severe asthma attack
- The act of being an asthmatic
- A mild episode of wheezing
3. What are the expected side effects of muscarinic antagonists?
- Diarrhoea (+ bradycardia & VT)
- Nausea (+ tachycardia & VF)
- Constipation (+ tachycardia & AF)
- Vomiting (+ bradycardia & PEA)
4. Stimulation of beta I adrenoceptors in the heart causes which of the following?
- Increased force of contraction, heart rate & increased cardiac efficiency
- Increased force of contraction, heart rate & reduced cardiac efficiency
- Reduced force of contraction, heart rate & reduced cardiac efficiency
- Reduced force of contraction, heart rate & increased cardiac efficiency
5. Which drug is used to treat acute anaphylaxis?