- Created by: studyqueen
- Created on: 17-05-18 10:26
1. Which of these is a valid criticism of behaviourism?
- It ignores the possibility of free will having an impact on any behaviour
- It has poor real-life application
- It ignores the possibility of childhood having an impact on any behaviour
- It ignores the role of 'schema' in learning
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Positive reinforcemnet is..
- when a behaviour is reinforced by way of a reward
- when a behaviour is reinforced by way of punishment
- when a stimulus causes a conditioned response
3. Behaviourism emphasises that...
- New behaviour cannot be learnt, it is pre-programmed into the way we function/our mindset
- The environment has an impact on an individual's behaviour, more so than innate qualities
- An individual's innate qualities have a greater impact on their behaviour than environmental factors
4. What is a real life application of classical conditioning?
- Led to new treatments for healing fractures
- Led to new treatments for phobias
- Led to new treatments for addiction
5. Operant conditioning is...
- The development of 'schema' in the brain at a young age
- Learning through positive and negative reinforcement or punishment, i.e: a child being praised for sharing
- Learning through association, i.e; a child becoming frightened of dogs permanently after being bitten by a dog