1. What steps are involved in the carbonate test?
- Add dilute acid. It should produce CO2. To check it should form a white precipitate with limewater, shows CO2 has formed.
- Add strong acid. Should produce CO2. Check by bubbling through limewater
- Add dilute alkali.It should produce CO2. To check it should form a white precipitate with limewater, shows CO2 has formed.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What colour does copper produce in hydroxide test?
3. What colour does potassium produce in flame test?
4. What steps are involved in the sulphate test?
- Add sulphuric acid then barium chloride. If white precipitate forms, sulphate ions were present.
- Red precipitate forms
- Add sulphur dioxide, white precipitate should form
5. What colour does lithium produce in flame test?