1. What colour does aluminium, calcium and magnesium produce in hydroxide test?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is unique about aluminium?
- If you add excess sodium hydroxide, the precipitate will dissolve again
- It turns grey
- It turns blue
3. What colour does copper produce in hydroxide test?
4. What colour do chloride ions produce?
5. What steps are involved in the halide test?
- Add dilute nitric acid, add silver nitrate solution. Forms a precipitate
- Add dilute hydrochloric acid, add silver nitrate. Forms a precipitate.
- Add dilute nitric acid, add barium chloride solution. Forms a precipitate