1. What important discovery did physiologist William Harvey make?
- blood circulates in different directions around the body to get to all of the vital organs
- he had a twin brother
- that blood cirulates one way around the body pumped by the heart and there is a fixed amount of it
- blood was consumed by organs of the body and blood was made by the liver
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Watson and Crick discovered DNA. How?
- using x-rays, crystallography and electron microscopes
- they used google
- with a magnifying glass
- just with their eyes
3. Why were Galen's theories supported so highly?
- because his ideas fitted in with the churches beliefs
- because he had loads of friends
- because he was Greek
- because his theories made sense and were realistic
4. who came up with 'The Theory of the four humours'?
- William Harvey
- Andreas Vesalius
5. Why was there less belief in the church during the Renaissance?
- all churches were burnt down
- because Galen was proved wrong people thought the churches were lying to them and they felt cheated
- the church no longer had any control of medical training as it lost a lot of power
- there were no more priests