1. Why were there no treatments in the middle ages?
- because there was no illness to treat
- because people thought God would cure them instead
- because the Romans wrote down all of their knowledge of treatment in books but no one could read
- because they thought treatment was pointless and they should concerntrate on prevention instead
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who wrote ' the report into the sanitary conditions of the labouring population of Great Britain'?
- Joesph Bazalgette
- Edward Jenner
- Edwin Chadwick
- John Snow
3. What important discovery did physiologist William Harvey make?
- that blood cirulates one way around the body pumped by the heart and there is a fixed amount of it
- he had a twin brother
- blood was consumed by organs of the body and blood was made by the liver
- blood circulates in different directions around the body to get to all of the vital organs
4. who came up with 'The Theory of the four humours'?
- William Harvey
- Andreas Vesalius
5. What did Paul Ehrlich discover?
- blood transfusions
- the drug Salvarsan 606 and the first magic bullet