1. What is meant by the term social stratification?
- the way society is structured or divided into hierarchical layers, for example the bourgeoisie at the top and the proletariat at the bottom
- a research method sociologists use to find out about society
- how society is built up
- how people conform in society
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is primary socialisation?
- a group of people who try to influence public opinion on an issue
- the process of early childhood learning, usually within families, children learn basic behaviour patterns, language and skills needed in later life
- the process whereby the influence of religion in society declines
- male power and dominance over women
3. Which one of these is not a primary research method
- direct questionnaires
- quota sampling
- a sociologist blog online
- non-participant observation
4. Official statistics are put together by officials so sociologists have little say on the ______ used
- few sources
5. What is qualitative data?
- data that is not useful
- data that is in the form of words, quotes etc
- another word for secondary data
- data that is high in quality