1. What is meant by the term social stratification?
- how people conform in society
- the way society is structured or divided into hierarchical layers, for example the bourgeoisie at the top and the proletariat at the bottom
- how society is built up
- a research method sociologists use to find out about society
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one is NOT a primary research method?
- official statistics
- covert observation
- unstructured interviews
3. What do sociologists mean by the term socialisation?
- how the bourgeoisie communicate with each other
- changing your view on different things
- the process through which we learn the culture and norms for the society we are born into
- how we socialise and talk to our friends
4. What is quantitative data?
- data that is repeated many times
- data that it is in numerical form, eg statistics, graphs and tables
- data that has a lot of information in it
- another word for primary data
5. Which one of these are NOT a stage in the research process?
- evaluating the study's aims, methods, findings and conclusions
- repeating the research three times to check it its reproducible
- carrying out a pilot study
- selecting a sample
- analysing the data
- developing research aims