1. Murray argues that the rise of the underclass is caused by what?
- The generosity of the welfare state.
- The lack of female role models within a family.
- Easy access to unhealthy fastfood chains.
- Children spending too much time in education, as they don't gain a greater experience of reality.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Within Environmental Crime Prevention, it's argued that the police should tackle...
- Vandalism by engaging in conflict with those who they suspect of being anti-social or criminal.
- Crime in London, rather than crime elsewhere.
- All types of crime, not just the most serious types.
- Criminals who have a known history for committing crime.
3. A criticism of SCP is that it can create a new type of social inequality, as poor can't afford surveillance, so would be more vulnerable to crime. Who argues this?
- New Right
4. Rational choice theory is argued by which sociologist?
5. In broken windows theory, rowdiness needed to be challenged or vandalism would increase. But what was controversially argued within this theory?
- No effort should be put into inner-city areas where crime is too bad, so police need to focus on places where there is 'still hope
- It was argued that the rowdiness can be unchallenged, as vandalism does decrease typically after a year or so.
- Broken windows is no longer an appropriate name for the theory, as windows can't be broken nowadays.
- The police were accused of 'helping' vandals by ignoring all crime.