1. Murray argues that the rise of the underclass is caused by what?
- Children spending too much time in education, as they don't gain a greater experience of reality.
- The lack of female role models within a family.
- The generosity of the welfare state.
- Easy access to unhealthy fastfood chains.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Within Environmental Crime Prevention, it's argued that the police should tackle...
- All types of crime, not just the most serious types.
- Vandalism by engaging in conflict with those who they suspect of being anti-social or criminal.
- Crime in London, rather than crime elsewhere.
- Criminals who have a known history for committing crime.
3. Broken windows theory relates to a type of crime prevention known as Environmental Crime Prevention, where any anti-social behaviour must be prevented...
- If it gets worse
- Within a two-week time scale
- If the necessary fund are available to use, and if there is nothing else prioritised.
4. People are born with a predisposition against crime and if parents don't teach children norms and values, they may commit crime - according to who?
- Wilson & Hernstein
5. Wilson argued that trying to eradicate poverty won't...
- Matter to the middle class, as they don't live in any areas affected by poverty.
- Majorly reduce crime, as many poor don't commit so poverty isn't to blame.
- Help the working class until 3 years after it has been eradicated.
- Work, unless a considerable amount of money is spent on the inner city areas.