1. Broken windows theory relates to a type of crime prevention known as Environmental Crime Prevention, where any anti-social behaviour must be prevented...
- If the necessary fund are available to use, and if there is nothing else prioritised.
- Within a two-week time scale
- If it gets worse
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. A criticism of SCP is that it can create a new type of social inequality, as poor can't afford surveillance, so would be more vulnerable to crime. Who argues this?
- New Right
3. In order to reduce scoial problems such as vandalism, Wilson & Kelling note that public housing buildings should not do what?
- Exceed 3 floors.
- House previous criminals.
- Be open after 6pm every night.
- Advertise jobs, as unemployment could cause further rebellion and crime.
4. A criticism of rational choice theory is that...
- Some crimes are impulsive, so no calculation is used.
- It wasn't a legitimate theory so doesn't deserve any recognition.
- Many working class people don't understand what choice actually means.
- Consumerism is to blame for crime.
5. Broken windows theory was argued by Wilson and who else?