1. Which of the following is NOT one of Hirschi's bonds of attachment?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In broken windows theory, rowdiness needed to be challenged or vandalism would increase. But what was controversially argued within this theory?
- It was argued that the rowdiness can be unchallenged, as vandalism does decrease typically after a year or so.
- No effort should be put into inner-city areas where crime is too bad, so police need to focus on places where there is 'still hope
- The police were accused of 'helping' vandals by ignoring all crime.
- Broken windows is no longer an appropriate name for the theory, as windows can't be broken nowadays.
3. Broken windows theory relates to a type of crime prevention known as Environmental Crime Prevention, where any anti-social behaviour must be prevented...
- If it gets worse
- Within a two-week time scale
- If the necessary fund are available to use, and if there is nothing else prioritised.
4. A criticism of rational choice theory is that...
- Some crimes are impulsive, so no calculation is used.
- It wasn't a legitimate theory so doesn't deserve any recognition.
- Many working class people don't understand what choice actually means.
- Consumerism is to blame for crime.
5. A criticism of SCP is that it can create a new type of social inequality, as poor can't afford surveillance, so would be more vulnerable to crime. Who argues this?
- New Right