1. A criticism of rational choice theory is that...
- It wasn't a legitimate theory so doesn't deserve any recognition.
- Many working class people don't understand what choice actually means.
- Some crimes are impulsive, so no calculation is used.
- Consumerism is to blame for crime.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Within Environmental Crime Prevention, it's argued that the police should tackle...
- All types of crime, not just the most serious types.
- Crime in London, rather than crime elsewhere.
- Criminals who have a known history for committing crime.
- Vandalism by engaging in conflict with those who they suspect of being anti-social or criminal.
3. Rational choice theory is argued by which sociologist?
4. Wilson argued that trying to eradicate poverty won't...
- Majorly reduce crime, as many poor don't commit so poverty isn't to blame.
- Help the working class until 3 years after it has been eradicated.
- Matter to the middle class, as they don't live in any areas affected by poverty.
- Work, unless a considerable amount of money is spent on the inner city areas.
5. A criticism of SCP is that it can create a new type of social inequality, as poor can't afford surveillance, so would be more vulnerable to crime. Who argues this?
- New Right