1. Situational Crime Prevention (SCP) focuses on doing what to crime?
- Ignoring it until the problem becomes worse.
- Designing it out.
- Accepting it in the inner-city areas.
- Advertising it.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Broken windows theory relates to a type of crime prevention known as Environmental Crime Prevention, where any anti-social behaviour must be prevented...
- Within a two-week time scale
- If it gets worse
- If the necessary fund are available to use, and if there is nothing else prioritised.
3. A criticism of SCP is that it can create a new type of social inequality, as poor can't afford surveillance, so would be more vulnerable to crime. Who argues this?
- New Right
4. People are born with a predisposition against crime and if parents don't teach children norms and values, they may commit crime - according to who?
- Wilson & Hernstein
5. Wilson argued that trying to eradicate poverty won't...
- Work, unless a considerable amount of money is spent on the inner city areas.
- Help the working class until 3 years after it has been eradicated.
- Majorly reduce crime, as many poor don't commit so poverty isn't to blame.
- Matter to the middle class, as they don't live in any areas affected by poverty.