1. ECP: disorder occurs if there's little sense of community, as...
- No-one minds the crime.
- formal & informal social control is will usually be weak.
- No-one will confront the vandals.
- There isn't anyone to report crimes to.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Wilson & Kelling believe in which theory?
- Weak policing
- Broken windows
- Viscious vandalism
- Rational choice
3. Controversially, Wilson & Kelling believe no effort should be put into preventing crime in inner-city areas, as...
- No-one lives there.
- Criminals don't live in these areas.
- Crime is too bad. Police need to focus on areas where 'there is still hope'.
- They are already over-policed, so they don't require any more protection.
4. Wilson & Hernstein: people born with...
- A status that could mean that they may commit deviance.
- predisposition against crime and if parents don't teach children norms and values, they may commit crime.
- The options to commit crime, but they don't commit crime as they don't want to offend their family.
- A natural reason to commit crime.
5. Wilson also argues that many poor people...
- don't experience poverty, yet still commit crime.
- are criminals, so poverty needs to be eradicated.
- don't commit crime, so poverty is not to blame.
- commit crime due to poverty.