1. Currently, right realists argue that the perceived costs of crime are...
- Low, but people still don't commit crime.
- High, meaning that the crime rate is low.
- Low, thus increasing the crime rate.
- High in London, which leads to criminals targetting rural areas.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not one of Hirschi's 4 bonds of attachment?
- Commitment = lose investments
- Involvement = involved in community, would lose reputation if committed crime
- Love = family and friends
- Attachment = family
3. Hirschi's 4 bonds of attachment are attachment, commitment, involvement and what?
4. Controversially, Wilson & Kelling believe no effort should be put into preventing crime in inner-city areas, as...
- Criminals don't live in these areas.
- They are already over-policed, so they don't require any more protection.
- Crime is too bad. Police need to focus on areas where 'there is still hope'.
- No-one lives there.
5. Environmental crime prevention: crime due to anti-social behaviour e.g.
- Vandalism or drugs being used in public.
- Drugs being sold to other countries.
- Driving vehicles through puddles, in order to spray pedestrians.
- Vandalism made in criminals' homes.