1. ECP: disorder occurs if there's little sense of community, as...
- formal & informal social control is will usually be weak.
- There isn't anyone to report crimes to.
- No-one will confront the vandals.
- No-one minds the crime.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Environmental crime prevention: crime due to anti-social behaviour e.g.
- Vandalism made in criminals' homes.
- Drugs being sold to other countries.
- Vandalism or drugs being used in public.
- Driving vehicles through puddles, in order to spray pedestrians.
3. Wilson: trying to eradicate poverty...
- won't majorly reduce crime.
- is impossible.
- will benefit society.
- will help the family.
4. Wilson & Hernstein: people born with...
- A status that could mean that they may commit deviance.
- A natural reason to commit crime.
- predisposition against crime and if parents don't teach children norms and values, they may commit crime.
- The options to commit crime, but they don't commit crime as they don't want to offend their family.
5. An anti-poverty scheme generating more crime is a modern example of which theorist?
- Wilson & Hernstein