1. what were the effects of the fire?
- Hitler said the fire was a communist conspiracy and he persuaded Hindenburg to declare a state of emergeancy where he could legally use decrees to govern Germany.
- there was riots and protesting against the communists.
- Hitler turned to eating chocolate digestives
- Hitler ordered that communist leader's houses to be burnt.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. why did the night of long knives happen?
- Ernst Rohm, head of SA, wanted more power.
- Hitler wanted to reduce the power of the SA because he believed that they could take over from him.
- Hitler wanted to end the SS because they were becoming to violent.
3. when did Hindenburg die?
- august 1934
- december 1933
- november 1934
- october 1934
4. what was the effect of the enabling act?
- Hitler could kill all the communists.
- Germany became a totalitarian state
- Hitler could buy as many ice creams as he wanted
5. Why did Hitler call another election in March 1933?
- to employ more people in government
- to get more Nazi seats
- to try and remove communists from the reichstag