1. Van Ijzendoorn and Kroonenburg carried out a meta-analysis of results of 32 studies in 8 countries on attachment using?
- Lorenz - Imprinting
- Ainsworth's Strange Situation Study
- The Learning Theory of Attachment
- Bowlby's Evolutionary Theory of Attachment
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Bowlby's Evolutionary Theory, attachments are formed through?
- Conditioning, the infant associates the caregiver with food and comfort.
- A period of time, the caregiver recognises and forms an attachment with the infant over the course of 5 months
- Natural selection, infants are an investment for the caregiver, and will carry on their line of family.
- Selection pressure, parents chose the strongest of their infants to focus on.
3. Bowlby's theory is loosely based on...?
- Lorenz and his "imprinting"
- Maccoby and his four characteristics of attachments
- Ainsworth and her "Strange Situation Study"
- The Genie Case Study
4. Bowlby claims that attachments are?
- Instinctive behaviour for infants and caregivers
- Taught Behaviour for infants
- Developed through conditioning
- Learnt by caregivers
5. Bowlby states that attachments provide infants with....?
- A base for healthy cognitive developments
- An internal working model for future attachments
- A good understanding of survival strategies