1. What is the formula of the acid group?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the formula of the amino group?
3. What is a protein?
- More than one polypeptide chain
- Something made of amino acids which has a distinct biological function
- A chain of amino acids
4. Fibrous proteins are long chains of amino acids which are generally insoluble and inelastic. How is this beneficial for collagen?
- Inelasticity allows muscles to contract. Long chains provide mechanical strength.
- Muscles repair easily
- Small arteries contract easily
5. When one chain folds over on itself, this produces a __________
- Double pleated sheet
- Beta-pleated sheet
- Alpha helix
Similar Biology resources: