1. What do amino acids contain?
- Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen (+ sulphur)
- Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen
- Carbon, oxygen, nitrogen (+ phosphorous)
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. A quaternary structure is made up of ________ polypeptide chain
- More than one
3. Is the amino group acidic or basic?
4. Fibrous proteins are long chains of amino acids which are generally insoluble and inelastic. How is this beneficial for collagen?
- Inelasticity allows muscles to contract. Long chains provide mechanical strength.
- Muscles repair easily
- Small arteries contract easily
5. What bond is formed when amino acids join together by condensation?
- A disulphide bond
- A glycosidic bond
- A covalent peptide bond
- An ionic peptide bond
Similar Biology resources: