1. Which one of the following words correctly describes the term 'blood shunting'?
- A process of increasing blood in the body that can lead to heart attack or stroke
- Redistribution of blood from active to inactive areas of the body
- A process to ensure an appropriate supply of blood reaches the muscles during exercise
- The movement of blood to ensure an equal amount is always present throughout the body
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of the following correctly identifies the role of vitamins in the diet?
- Prevents deficiency diseases
- Promotes muscle growth
- Provides energy
- Aids digestion
3. alcohol is a recreational drug. Which one of the following is an effect of alcohol on the cardiovascular system?
- Alcohol increases blood pressure
- Alcohol increases oxygen debt
- Alcohol decreases lung volume
- Alcohol lowers blood pressure
4. Which one of the following nutrients should form the largest proportion of our diet?
5. Which one of the following categories of drugs would a take to mask the presence of other drugs in their body?
- Anabolic steroids
- Narcotic analgesics