1. alcohol is a recreational drug. Which one of the following is an effect of alcohol on the cardiovascular system?
- Alcohol increases blood pressure
- Alcohol increases oxygen debt
- Alcohol decreases lung volume
- Alcohol lowers blood pressure
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of the following words correctly describes the term 'blood shunting'?
- A process to ensure an appropriate supply of blood reaches the muscles during exercise
- Redistribution of blood from active to inactive areas of the body
- The movement of blood to ensure an equal amount is always present throughout the body
- A process of increasing blood in the body that can lead to heart attack or stroke
3. Which one of the following nutrients should form the largest proportion of our diet?
4. Which category of performance enhancing drugs would an Olympic weightlifter take to increase the weight they can lift?
- Narcotic analgesics
- Peptide hormones
- Beta blockers
5. Which one of the following correctly identifies the role of vitamins in the diet?
- Aids digestion
- Prevents deficiency diseases
- Provides energy
- Promotes muscle growth