1. Chinese is what type of language?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of language is a language where much of the semantic inflection involves infixing vowels in a root that consists entirely of consonants?
3. What does derivational morphology deal with?
- new lexical items
- syntactically determined affixation word-formation
4. Is stratum 2 neutral or non-neutral?
5. What is phrasal properties?
- belong to an entire syntactic phrase but morphologically realised in one of the words
- determined by the characteristics of another word/s in the same construction
- determined by the place occupied by a word in a syntactic configuration, that is, its position and function as a constituent of a phrase, or some other syntactic structure
- such as the gender of a noun, that must be accessed by agreement rules, such as French or German