1. What is inherent properties?
- such as the gender of a noun, that must be accessed by agreement rules, such as French or German
- belong to an entire syntactic phrase but morphologically realised in one of the words
- determined by the place occupied by a word in a syntactic configuration, that is, its position and function as a constituent of a phrase, or some other syntactic structure
- determined by the characteristics of another word/s in the same construction
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Do affixes belonging to stratum 1 affect the stress of the base?
3. Is stratum 2 neutral or non-neutral?
4. Are weak boundaries stratum 1 or stratum 2?
- stratum 1
- stratum 2
5. What does derivational morphology deal with?
- new lexical items
- syntactically determined affixation word-formation