1. What is the optimum temperature of a hyperthermophile?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following sexually transmitted infections can cause ulceration?
- Bacterial vaginosis
3. What is the name of a microbe that requires salt to grow?
- Extreme halophile
4. Which of the following does NOT apply to the lysogenic cycle in viruses?
- No virus particles are produced
- The host cell is killed by the virus
- Viral DNA is incorporated into the host's genome
- Can be activated by stress multiplying
- The viral DNA replicates when the host cell divides
5. What is the definition of epidemic?
- A disease that is constantly present in the population at low incidence
- A number of cases occur, usually in a short period of time, in an area where usually only isolated cases have been reported
- When a disease occurs in an unusually high number of individuals in a population at the same time
- Individual cases occur in geographically distinct areas (not linked)
- A widespread, usually global disease