- Created by: APhilippe
- Created on: 24-04-18 17:15
1. Who wished for a "more strict restraint"?
- The Duke
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the correct quote?
- "More than our brother is our chastity:/ Then brother die, as Isabella live chaste."
- "Then, Isabel live chaste, and brother die:/More than our brother is our chastity."
- "More than our brother is our chastity:/Then, Isabel live chaste, and brother, die"
- "Then, Isabella live chaste, and brother die:/More than Claudio is our chastity"
3. What is the biblical allusion used in this quote: "The tempter, or the tempted, who sins most, ha?"
- Eve and the Serpent in the Garden of Eden
- Where the Ten Commandments says to "not covet"
- God's will to not fornicate, or have sex before marriage in any circumstances
- Preparation for death in the Catholic religion where there is a priest to absolve you sins if you truly repent them
4. What does Angel foreshadow when he says to Escalus that: "'Tis one thing to be tempted.../Another thing to fall...When I that censure do so offend,/Let mine own judgement pattern out my death"?
- That Claudio will be saved as everyone is flawed.
- His ultimate downfall and the punishment he believes he deserves from it.
- The ending of the play where the Duke comes back.
- His lust for Isabella after she appears before him compared to the lust Claudio felt for Julietta.
5. In which Act and Scene does Pompey say: "If you head and hang all that offend that way but for ten year together, you'll be glad to give out a commission for more heads:"
- Act 1 Scene 2
- Act 3 Scene 3
- Act 2 Scene 1
- Act 2 Scene 4
Similar English Literature resources: