1. In which Act and Scene does Pompey say: "If you head and hang all that offend that way but for ten year together, you'll be glad to give out a commission for more heads:"
- Act 3 Scene 3
- Act 2 Scene 1
- Act 1 Scene 2
- Act 2 Scene 4
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who wished for a "more strict restraint"?
- The Duke
3. Who said that Vienna had "strict statutes" and "most biting laws"?
- The Duke
4. Is the Duke telling Isabella here that his plan is not immoral and why? "...the doubleness of the benefit defends the deceit from reproof."
- Yes - he is telling Isabella his secret plan behind his disguise so she can go along with it to
- No - he is telling Isabella that there is no drawback or deceit in his plan
- No - he is telling Isabella that the outcome of the plan will be better than the perceived deceit
- Yes - he is telling Isabella this as he is the Duke and so what he does is God's work
5. What is the correct quote?
- "Then, Isabel live chaste, and brother die:/More than our brother is our chastity."
- "More than our brother is our chastity:/Then, Isabel live chaste, and brother, die"
- "More than our brother is our chastity:/ Then brother die, as Isabella live chaste."
- "Then, Isabella live chaste, and brother die:/More than Claudio is our chastity"
Similar English Literature resources: