1. What did the cross cultural study show?
- That no one goes through the stages that kolberg described
- It supports the stages of the theory, making it universal and maybe an innate process
- It doesn't support the stages of the theory making it not universal suggesting it's due to socialisation
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Slabyand Frey 1975 found?
- Girls showed more interest in the female role models ignoring the out-group
- Children watched male adult models; both genders more with boys than girls. Supports children watching in-group
- Children watched both role models equally
3. Gender consistency is?
- 1-3 years old, recoginise either male or female using experience
- 6-7 onwards, realise gender is permanent, despite changing apperance
- 3-5 years old, realise gender is consistent overtime
4. What did kolberg believe?
- That there is no other explanation to gender only his stages
- That it is universal as every child will go through the stages at the same age
- That every child will go through the stages in their own time
5. Why is the theory deterministic?
- Ignores every other factor that may effect gender
- Assumes everyone develops that way
- Simplifies explanation, numerous other factors
Similar Psychology resources: