1. Gender identity is?
- 1-3 years old, recoginise either male or female using experience
- 3-5 years old, realise gender is consistent overtime
- 6-7 onwards, realise gender is permanent, despite changing appearance they stay the same gender
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did kolberg believe?
- That it is universal as every child will go through the stages at the same age
- That every child will go through the stages in their own time
- That there is no other explanation to gender only his stages
3. Slaby and Frey found?
- Child at a young age may not have the language skills to express themselves/understand due to the lack of mental development maybe
- Children at a young age don't care enough to understand gender
- Children at a young age will just copy whatever they see and will relate to that gender
4. Why is the theory deterministic?
- Ignores every other factor that may effect gender
- Assumes everyone develops that way
- Simplifies explanation, numerous other factors
5. Who carried out a cross cultural study?
Similar Psychology resources: