1. In a TRANSFORMER an alternating _______ is applied to the primary coil. This causes an alternating magnetic field to be set up in the core. Because the secondary coil is within the magnetic field it induces an alternating _______. What is the missing word
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. If a transformer is a STEP-UP transformer, the primary coil will have ____ turns than the secondary coil
- the same amount
3. Electrical power =
- Voltage * current
- Voltage / current
- Current * resistance
4. Is mains electricity AC or DC?
- depends on the type of generator it was produced in
5. Which of these is NOT a way to increase the induced voltage in a GENERATOR?
- increase the current through the wires
- having more turns and an iron core in the coil
- using a magnet with a stronger magnetic field
- turning the magnet/coil faster