1. In a TRANSFORMER an alternating _______ is applied to the primary coil. This causes an alternating magnetic field to be set up in the core. Because the secondary coil is within the magnetic field it induces an alternating _______. What is the missing word
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Is mains electricity AC or DC?
- depends on the type of generator it was produced in
3. How do we find the direction of movement, magnetic field and current in a generator?
- Use Fleming's RIGHT hand rule
- Use Fleming's LEFT hand rule
- Use the RIGHT hand grip
4. In a GENERATOR the slip rings are connected to
- the external circuit
- the coil
- the magnetic field where the coil spins inside it
5. Which of these is NOT a way to increase the induced voltage in a GENERATOR?
- increase the current through the wires
- using a magnet with a stronger magnetic field
- turning the magnet/coil faster
- having more turns and an iron core in the coil