1. How do transformers REDUCE THE CURRENT?
- Increase the voltage
- Decrease the voltage
- Increase the electrical charge
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. A voltage is produced when
- a soft iron bar moves in a coil of wire
- a magnet moves in a coil of wire
- a magnet touches a coil of wire
3. How do we find the direction of movement, magnetic field and current in a generator?
- Use the RIGHT hand grip
- Use Fleming's RIGHT hand rule
- Use Fleming's LEFT hand rule
4. Which of these is NOT a way to increase the induced voltage in a GENERATOR?
- turning the magnet/coil faster
- increase the current through the wires
- using a magnet with a stronger magnetic field
- having more turns and an iron core in the coil
5. In a GENERATOR the brushes connect the spinning slip rings to
- the external circuit
- the coil
- the magnetic field where the coil spins inside it