1. how do plant fertilisers increase crop yield?
- fertilisers replace essential elements used by previous crop / provide extra essential elements + used to build plant amino acids
- they contain potassium
- fertilisers contain essential minerals
- fertilisers contain essential nutrients
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. write the balanced symbol equation for N2+H2-->NH3
3. why is high pressure needed?
- increases of yield
- speeds up reaction
- makes the temperature higher
- reduces activation activity
4. Explain how proteins in the leaves change into nitrates
- they become nitrates from proteins
- leaves decay then ammonia forms nitrifying bacteria converting into ammonia nitrate
- proteins become acids that become nitrates
- they shrivel into nitrates
5. Why is a catalyst used for?
- speeds reaction
- high pressure
- gives reduced yield
- higher rate of reaction