1. Why is a catalyst used for?
- speeds reaction
- higher rate of reaction
- high pressure
- gives reduced yield
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. explain one way animals bodies are adapted to reduce heat loss
- behavioural adaptations such as migration
- counter current exchange systems such as hooves
- thick fur insulates by trapping air particles
- hair traps heat
3. Write about biochemical adaptations to very cold climates.
- The smaller the plant the less energy is needed so more can be spent on specific parts of the plants
- contain enzymes with lower optimum temperatures but cells do not freeze as freezing would damage cells
- larger leaves absorb more sunlight
- enzymes spread easier on smaller surface areas
4. Why do scientists publish their results?
- So people know that work was actually done
- To keep in a book
- so other scientists can gather further evidence or further their own work. so they can gain credit for their work or so work can be checked
- So scientists can use them as decoration
5. The energy is faeces can be used by other organisms, describe how?
- used as manure
- eaten by decomposers
- broken down by decomposers such as beetles or insects
- eaten by animals