1. Explain how proteins in the leaves change into nitrates
- proteins become acids that become nitrates
- leaves decay then ammonia forms nitrifying bacteria converting into ammonia nitrate
- they shrivel into nitrates
- they become nitrates from proteins
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Write about biochemical adaptations to very cold climates.
- enzymes spread easier on smaller surface areas
- larger leaves absorb more sunlight
- contain enzymes with lower optimum temperatures but cells do not freeze as freezing would damage cells
- The smaller the plant the less energy is needed so more can be spent on specific parts of the plants
3. Why is a catalyst used for?
- speeds reaction
- high pressure
- gives reduced yield
- higher rate of reaction
4. Why do scientists publish their results?
- so other scientists can gather further evidence or further their own work. so they can gain credit for their work or so work can be checked
- So scientists can use them as decoration
- So people know that work was actually done
- To keep in a book
5. write the balanced symbol equation for N2+H2-->NH3