1. how do plant fertilisers increase crop yield?
- fertilisers replace essential elements used by previous crop / provide extra essential elements + used to build plant amino acids
- fertilisers contain essential minerals
- fertilisers contain essential nutrients
- they contain potassium
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do scientists publish their results?
- so other scientists can gather further evidence or further their own work. so they can gain credit for their work or so work can be checked
- To keep in a book
- So scientists can use them as decoration
- So people know that work was actually done
3. why is high pressure needed?
- increases of yield
- reduces activation activity
- speeds up reaction
- makes the temperature higher
4. explain one way animals bodies are adapted to reduce heat loss
- behavioural adaptations such as migration
- counter current exchange systems such as hooves
- thick fur insulates by trapping air particles
- hair traps heat
5. Why is a catalyst used for?
- gives reduced yield
- speeds reaction
- high pressure
- higher rate of reaction