1. Write about biochemical adaptations to very cold climates.
- enzymes spread easier on smaller surface areas
- larger leaves absorb more sunlight
- contain enzymes with lower optimum temperatures but cells do not freeze as freezing would damage cells
- The smaller the plant the less energy is needed so more can be spent on specific parts of the plants
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. The energy is faeces can be used by other organisms, describe how?
- eaten by decomposers
- eaten by animals
- broken down by decomposers such as beetles or insects
- used as manure
3. Explain how proteins in the leaves change into nitrates
- proteins become acids that become nitrates
- leaves decay then ammonia forms nitrifying bacteria converting into ammonia nitrate
- they shrivel into nitrates
- they become nitrates from proteins
4. Why is a catalyst used for?
- gives reduced yield
- speeds reaction
- high pressure
- higher rate of reaction
5. write the balanced symbol equation for N2+H2-->NH3