1. Issue with genetic factors of aggression in terms of real world application
- Provides an excuse for violent crimes, takes away their responsibility for the crime, this causes distress for the victims and their families and friends and is damaging for society as a whole
- Mandel said that the theory was monocausal
- Must be generalised with caution as its too simplistic
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Alternative model to the genetic factors in aggression
- Diathesis Stress model
- Social learning theory
- Bandura's theory of vicarious reinforcement
3. Which study found that there was a significant number of adopted individuals with criminal convictions that had biological parents with criminal history?
- Coccaro et al.
- Plomin et al.
- Hutchings and Mednick
- Miles and Carey
4. Issue of Young et al.
- Not specific enough in what gene mutates
- Generalise with caution to humans
- Too simplistic
5. Theilgaard's initial research found?
- Inmates with an extra Y chromosome had increased aggressive thought patterns and decreased non-aggresive thought patterns
- Only difference in males with an extra Y chromosome and their normal counterparts was height
- There was a significant number of adopted individuals with criminal convictions that had biological parents with criminal history
- Male members in a family that showed violent all had a defect MAOA gene and low levels of MAOA produced