1. Manipulation, Canalisation, Verbal Appellations and Different Activities are 4 main ways that _______takes place?
- Teaching right from wrong
- Gender Socialisation
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Those who have female and male internal and external genitalia combined are called?
3. What is this defining?- the biological differences between males and femals and usually consists of 6 major components
4. What is canalisation?
- Children are encouraged to involove themselves in different activities. e.g. boys and outdoors
- Channelling the child's interests into toys and activities seen as normal for his or her sex.
- Names that children are called which each them to identify with the appropriate gender. e.g. good girl
- Parents encourge behaviour which is seen as normal for the child's sex and discourage what is seen as deviant.
5. Define gender roles?
- Being a woman and doing the cleaning.
- The ability to perfom tasks that would be seen as incorrect for the individuals gender.
- The process whereby we learn to perform the socially accepted characteristics for a given gender.
- Being a man and working.