1. What is this defining?- the social, cultural and psychological aspects of being either male or female.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is canalisation?
- Children are encouraged to involove themselves in different activities. e.g. boys and outdoors
- Parents encourge behaviour which is seen as normal for the child's sex and discourage what is seen as deviant.
- Channelling the child's interests into toys and activities seen as normal for his or her sex.
- Names that children are called which each them to identify with the appropriate gender. e.g. good girl
3. What is this defining?- the biological differences between males and femals and usually consists of 6 major components
4. What was the overal research about?
- Role-play with children.
- Childrens behaviour
- Gender stereotypes
- Teaching young children to behave in an expected manner.
5. Who said there was a double standard?