1. To test for aluminium ions, which alkali is added?
- Sodium hydroxide
- Hydrochloric acid
- Lithium hydroxide
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which colour precipitate will iron (III) produce when NaOH is added?
- A brown precipitate
- A dark green precipitate
- A white precipitate
3. What colour flame do potassium ions produce?
- Brick red
- Orange - yellow
4. What is the test for ammonium ions?
- Gently heat the test tube and test the gas given off with moist red litmus paper. It should go blue.
- Add methyl orange and it will go colourless if ions are present
- Add phenolphthalein and it will turn pink if ions are present
5. I add dil HCL and barium chloride to a solution, which produces a white precipitate. This is the test for which ions?
- The halides
- Sulphate ions
- Carbonate ions