1. To test for halides, which two substances are added?
- dil nitric acid and silver nitrate
- dil hydrochloric acid and barium chloride
- dil hydrochloric acid
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is methyl orange used for?
- Titrations with a strong acid and weak base
- Titrations with a weak base and strong acid
- Neutralising acidic solutions
3. If copper ions are present, what will you see when NaOH is added?
- A light blue precipitate
- A dark green precipitate
- A white suspension
4. I add dil HCL and barium chloride to a solution, which produces a white precipitate. This is the test for which ions?
- The halides
- Sulphate ions
- Carbonate ions
5. Will iron (II) produce a different coloured precipitate to iron (III) ?