1. What colour flame do potassium ions produce?
- Orange - yellow
- Brick red
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phenolphthalein used for?
- Titrations with a strong acid and a strong base, titrations with a weak acid and a strong base
- All titrations
- Titrations with a strong acid and a strong base, titrations with a strong acid and a weak base
3. Which of these observations indicates the presence of aluminium ions?
- A white precipitate that dissolves in excess NaOH
- A light blue precipitate
- Aluminium metal forming at the bottom of the test tube
4. What is the test for ammonium ions?
- Gently heat the test tube and test the gas given off with moist red litmus paper. It should go blue.
- Add methyl orange and it will go colourless if ions are present
- Add phenolphthalein and it will turn pink if ions are present
5. I add dil HCL and barium chloride to a solution, which produces a white precipitate. This is the test for which ions?
- Sulphate ions
- Carbonate ions
- The halides