1. What colour is phenolphthalein when a base is added?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. To test for halides, which two substances are added?
- dil nitric acid and silver nitrate
- dil hydrochloric acid and barium chloride
- dil hydrochloric acid
3. Red litmus paper turns blue in ______
4. I add dil HCL and barium chloride to a solution, which produces a white precipitate. This is the test for which ions?
- The halides
- Sulphate ions
- Carbonate ions
5. If copper ions are present, what will you see when NaOH is added?
- A white suspension
- A light blue precipitate
- A dark green precipitate