1. If carbonate ions are present, which gas will be produced?
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- Hydrogen chloride
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which colour precipitate will iron (II) produce when NaOH is added?
- A dark green precipitate
- A brown precipitate
- A white suspension
3. What is the test for ammonium ions?
- Gently heat the test tube and test the gas given off with moist red litmus paper. It should go blue.
- Add methyl orange and it will go colourless if ions are present
- Add phenolphthalein and it will turn pink if ions are present
4. Which of these observations indicates the presence of aluminium ions?
- Aluminium metal forming at the bottom of the test tube
- A white precipitate that dissolves in excess NaOH
- A light blue precipitate
5. To test for halides, which two substances are added?
- dil hydrochloric acid
- dil nitric acid and silver nitrate
- dil hydrochloric acid and barium chloride