1. To test for halides, which two substances are added?
- dil nitric acid and silver nitrate
- dil hydrochloric acid and barium chloride
- dil hydrochloric acid
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What colour flame do potassium ions produce?
- Orange - yellow
- Brick red
3. Which colour precipitate will iron (III) produce when NaOH is added?
- A white precipitate
- A brown precipitate
- A dark green precipitate
4. What is the test for ammonium ions?
- Add phenolphthalein and it will turn pink if ions are present
- Gently heat the test tube and test the gas given off with moist red litmus paper. It should go blue.
- Add methyl orange and it will go colourless if ions are present
5. If carbonate ions are present, which gas will be produced?
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- Hydrogen chloride