1. What real-life event could be linked to Hans' phobia of horses?
- Hans saw a horse collapse in the street
- Hans was threatened by a horse
- Hans was bitten by a horse
- Hans was trodden on by a horse
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What reason did Freud give for horses making good father symbols?
- They are aggressive
- They look like Hans’ father
- They have large penises
- They are big
3. By age 5, how did Hans’ phobia develop?
- It stayed the same
- It lessened before it disappeared altogether
- It was limited to only horses carrying carts
- It got worse
4. Why did Hans develop a fear of castration?
- He was afraid of his father
- His mother threatened to send for a doctor to cut his 'widdler' off
- He saw a horse get injured
- He was playing with his 'widdler'
5. How did Hans’ fear develop when he was 4?
- Freud resolved the issue
- Hans was able to pet a horse
- It worsened to the extent that Hans didn’t want to leave the house
- It went away