1. What did Freud say the giraffes in Hans’ dream represented?
- His parents and their genitals
- His parents
- None of these
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Hans’ final fantasy?
- A doctor removed his penis and replaced it with a larger one
- He had children with his mother
- The plumber had come and removed his bottom and penis replacing them with new and larger ones
- The plumber removed his ‘widdler’
3. Why did Hans develop a fear of castration?
- He was afraid of his father
- His mother threatened to send for a doctor to cut his 'widdler' off
- He saw a horse get injured
- He was playing with his 'widdler'
4. What reason did Freud give for horses making good father symbols?
- They have large penises
- They look like Hans’ father
- They are big
- They are aggressive
5. What real-life event could be linked to Hans' phobia of horses?
- Hans was trodden on by a horse
- Hans saw a horse collapse in the street
- Hans was bitten by a horse
- Hans was threatened by a horse