1. What did Freud say the plumber fantasy represented?
- The doctor his mother spoke of
- Hans’ castration anxiety
- Hans’ identification with his father
- Hans’ father
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Hans develop a fear of castration?
- He was playing with his 'widdler'
- His mother threatened to send for a doctor to cut his 'widdler' off
- He was afraid of his father
- He saw a horse get injured
3. By age 5, how did Hans’ phobia develop?
- It stayed the same
- It got worse
- It lessened before it disappeared altogether
- It was limited to only horses carrying carts
4. What was the conflict that developed between Hans and his father?
- Hans was rude to his father
- Hans' father didn't like Hans
- Hans' father objected to Hans climbing into his parents bed in the morning to cuddle his mother
- Hans' father wouldn't let Hans see his mother
5. What did Freud say the giraffes in Hans’ dream represented?
- His parents and their genitals
- His parents
- None of these