- Created by: Ash-Ketchum
- Created on: 10-09-15 17:43
1. Who is a prominent Radical Feminist and what do they believe?
- Ansley - Women are a seperate class as all exploited and oppressed by the male class
- Kate Millett - Women almost seperate class as all exploited and oppressed by the male class
- Dworkin - Women almost seperate class as all exploited and oppressed by the male class
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do they believe about the division of labour in most societies?
- Medic does the dishes, Soldier doesnt (TF2)
- Divided by gender, women's jobs bring greater rewards than mens (Status, pay, power, etc)
- Divided by gender, men's jobs bring greater rewards than womens (Status, pay, power, etc)
- Divided by class, middle and upper class jobs bring greater rewards than working class ones (Status, pay, power, etc)
3. Do Liberal feminists believe equality has been achieved?
- *Achievement not unlocked*
- Not entirely, still predijudice in society, discrimination in workplace, occupational segregation (even with qualifications)
- No, no improvement at all
- Yes, equality is here
4. What does it mean by 'social system'?
- Only education and family
- Society - working lives, family lives, social norms, values, roles, insitutions
- Only the agents of formal social control (police, army, etc)
- Friendly Dizzi
5. Do postmodern feminists believe women are a 'sisterhood'?
- Yes, but many kinds - Nuns, travelling pants, ganstas, relatives?
- No, the differences between women can be just as striking between women and men, everyone is freed from stereotyped gender roles allowing greater freedom to chose own lifestyle and identity
- Maybe, more studies need to be done to draw conclusions...
- Yes, women all share an 'essence'